This laboratory introduces the student to basic engineering and scientific technical measurements and methods to two categories of measurements:
A. Electronics and Electrical Engineering
The lab contains all the necessary components needed for performing hands-on experiments. In both sectors mentioned above all measurements are taken by digital means i.e. using data acquisition systems with high resolution data logging and sensor components.
|- FP101||Electronics and Electrical Engineering Measurements|
FP101 ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MEASUREMENTS:
- This Trainer introduces the student to electric engineering measurement methods of: Voltage, current, resistors, RLC, electricity laws and circuits, AC signals, amplitude, frequency, phase, three phase circuits, transformers, square waves, flat noise, analog radio digital signals.
- Voltmeter, Ohmmeter and Ampere meter.
- Resistor measurements.
- Ohms Law.
- Series and parallel resistor circuits.
- Kirchhoff's laws.
- Theremin, Norton's, superposition theorems.
- Electric and magnetic fields.
- Mutual and self induction.
|- BT11A||Digital Measurements|
BT11A DIGITAL MEASUREMENTS:
- A universal testing platform for Digital experiments and Digital measurements used in science and engineering.
Based on each Subject, some of the BT11A laboratory activities are:
- Weight and mass
- Volume and Density
- Boyant force
- Dilution and pH measurement of Acids and Alkalis
- Catalytic decomposition and O2 gas release
- Measuring the rate of photosynthesis on day time
- Measuring CO2 level / photosynthesis at night