The LHP-702 laboratory covers all areas, practical and theoretical, concerning the Oil Drilling Rigs Electrical Power System and the study of Insulated Systems as well as systems with different metals. It consists of the Oil Drilling Rig simulator and the Cathodic Protection trainer (any PCs required are not included - provided locally by reseller).
The laboratory deals with Petrochemical plants and machine trainers for the Oil & Gas industry. The laboratory’s equipment is accompanied by the appropriate software to run interactively with PC workstations, wherever this is applicable. When an available program interfaces the PC with a simulator, it offers support in all the above training procedures and creates realistic simulations. The student is able to change the data and the parameters of the system. The programs present schematically the results of the adjustments performed by the student.
-ODR-1 Oil Drilling Rig Simulator
ODR-1 Oil Drilling Rig Simulator:
- For The Study Of Oil Drilling Rigs Electrical Power System.
- The layout of the units in the rig
- The electrical installation of the drilling rig
- The power balance between users
- The conditions of the alternators parallel procedure
- The SCR power bays: the components and the circuit
- The SCR power bays assignment logics
- Basics on electrical installations in hazardous areas.
- The panel reproduces the unifilar diagram of the electrical installation -DL MK1 Cathodic Protection Trainer
DL MK1 Cathodic Protection Trainer:
- The Cathodic protection is a technique to control the corrosion of a metal surface by making it work as a cathode of an electrochemical cell.
- The use of the voltmeter.
- The measurement of the difference of potential of a sample into an electrolyte.
- The reference cell and the Daniel Cell.
- The first and second species conductors.
- Introduction to the Cathodic Protection Criteria.
- Introduction to the sacrificial anodes in Zn, Mg, and Al.
- Introduction to the Cathodic Protection Impressed Current System.